Thursday, May 04, 2006

MLB Free Agent Response: Toronto


I received my second response to my letter sent out amongst the major league baseball teams. This time it’s Toronto checking in. The Blue Jays make a stronger effort to impress but are weak in the offering. There is no mention of an information pack or even a schedule available. Here is what they said.

Dear Matt,

On behalf of the Toronto Blue Jays, thank you for your email.

Here's a bit of background on our team, The Toronto Blue Jays Baseball Club was originally founded in 1976 and began play in Major League Baseball's American League the following year. The Club's historical achievements in the ensuing years have been significant, capturing five American League East Division crowns, two American League Championship titles and back-to-back victories in the World Series in 1992 and 1993, while earning the distinction of being the first team in Major League
Baseball to draw more than four million fans in a single season. In September 2000, Rogers Communications Inc. purchased controlling interest of the Club, providing strong dedicated local ownership of the team.

This season the Toronto Blue Jays have high hopes of making it all the way to the World Series because of their exciting new acquisitions such as Troy Glaus, AJ Burnett, BJ Ryan and Lyle Overbay; along with favorites Roy Halladay, Vernon Wells and Russ Adams. This team is definitely has a lot of potential and thus far they have shown its going to be an exciting season to watch. You gotta believe in these Jays!

Sincerely,

Kathy Dolenc
Guest Relations Assistant


In all I think the Blue Jays have less chance of winning a division crown than the Mariners do because Toronto is in the same division as the Yankees and Red Sox. I think I’ll still consider them though because they did actually give me reasons why I should cheer for them instead of telling me that they never have to convince anyone to become a fan. I think I’ll ask them if they will send me some stuff.