Monday, May 08, 2006

MLB Free Agent Fan Response: Yankees


The Evil Empire that is the New York Yankees has replied to my MLB Free Agent Fan appeal. The Yankees are obviously proud, as they should be, of their 26 World Championships and seem equally impressed with their message boards.

Dear Matt,

Thank you for your comments and opinions. You said you are "sick of the constant losing". How about 26 World Championships?

We value your thoughts, and welcome you to share your enthusiasm for the Yankees with others on our Message Board. You can find the Message
Board by clicking the link below (or cut and paste the entire URL into your browser):

http://www.forums.mlb.com/ml-yankees

Regards,
Yankees.com


I admit that 26 championships is impressive but is that alone enough to make me a fan. I would really feel like a band wagon jumper if that were my only reasoning. As far as message boards go – name a franchise that doesn’t have one.

I’ll be honest with you. I really despise the Yankees but then again so did Johnny Damon at one point.