Thursday, May 11, 2006

Free Agent Fan Gets Free Stuff!

My pursuit of a new Major League Baseball team to follow has taken on a new twist. This week I received some free stuff from the LA Dodgers and the Seattle Mariners. In an attempt to win me over as a fan both clubs sent me a “fan pack” in the mail.

The Dodgers pack included a license plate frame, window sticker, refrigerator magnet and a magazine. Not a bad package and I was surprised to receive it because I had not yet heard anything from the Dodgers. Their act of generosity has definitely put them on my list of teams to consider.


The Mariners pack was full of stuff and included a hand written note. In the pack was a Safeco Field poster, window sticker, ballpark menu, magazine, a sheet of stickers, pocket schedule, a few brochures and some baseball cards.


The Mariners have been by far the most fan friendly in response to my initial free agent fan letter. I have received two e-mails and the package which included a hand written note. I would have to say that they are in front right now.

I will make my decision by the end of next week but I want to know who you would choose if you were in my shoes. I have narrowed it down to three teams the Mariners, Dodgers and Blue Jays in that order.

If you could remove all bias and put yourself in my shoes who would be your new team? Make sure to let your opinion be known in this week’s Opinion Poll on the right of the page.