Wednesday, October 11, 2006

NLCS Predictions




I did a lot better predicting the National League Division Series’ than I did the American League. I had both winners but was off on the number of games. Here’s how I see the NLCS shaping up.

I really want to pick the Cardinals to win this series but I’m struggling with finding the logic to do it. I believe the Cardinals have the best over all pitcher in Chris Carpenter and the best all around player in Albert Pujols. My problem with picking St. Louis is that I’m not sure on the health of Scott Rolen, Jim Edmonds, Jason Isringhausen and Mark Mulder. The Cards will need production from these guys if they are going to win the series and I’m not convinced that you can count on that.

The Mets have suffered their share of injuries losing pitchers Pedro Martinez and Orlando Hernandez before the play-offs began. That could make the pitching in this series a wash. Here’s why I’m going with the Mets. Jose Reyes, Carlos Beltran, Carlos Delgado and David Wright are all healthy and producing. That will be the deciding factor in this series.

My Prediction: Mets in 6 games.