Thursday, October 20, 2005

World Series Preview


It will be the bats of the White Sox against the arms of the Atsros. Don’t get me wrong, I think the Sox have good pitching as well with Contreras, Buehrle, Garland and Garcia, but I’ll still take the Astros Staff.

Led by Paul Konerko (4 Home Runs) the White Sox are hitting very well in the play-offs. The Astros actually have a slight edge in batting average .272 to .263 and both teams have scored 47 runs in the play-offs, but the White Sox have 12 home runs to 9 for the Astros. Plain and simple it will come down to hitting verse pitching and I think that favors Houston.

The Astros took the toughest rout to the World Series and are more battle proven, in my opinion. Look for them to get the split in Chicago and then take control of the series when it moves to Houston.

Prediction: Houston in 6.