Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Dolphins Ink Bell & Jackson

The Miami Dolphins re-signed safety Yeremiah Bell and cornerback Eddie Jackson to one-year contracts on Tuesday. Both players had been exclusive rights players.



Bell (pictured) played in all 16 games in 2005 and tallied 21 tackles, three sacks and an interception. He also was second on the squad with 14 stops on special teams. Jackson was awarded off waivers from Carolina just prior to the start of the 2005 regular season. He appeared in 15 games with Miami, including one start. He recorded two tackles on defense while posting 12 tackles on special teams.

I guess I will have to see the team play but I am concerned about the secondary. To me that is the biggest question going into the season, even bigger than the offensive line. I still expect the Dolphins to try to shore up their secondary through the draft next month.