Sunday, January 22, 2006

Conference Championship Predictions

By the end of the day we will know who is playing in the Super Bowl but I’ll go ahead and tell you know that I think it will be the Panthers and the Broncos.

AFC Championship

Pittsburgh Steelers @ Denver Broncos

People just assume since the Steelers knocked off the Colts that they are automatic for a spot in Detroit. The defending AFC champs were the Patriots, not the Colts, and New England went down in Denver and so will the Steelers.
My Pick: Broncos 28/Steelers 27

NFC Championship

Carolina Panthers @ Seattle Seahawks

With all due respect to Shaun Alexander, Carolina has the better defense, better quarterback and best playmaker in Steve Smith. I think this will be an entertaining game but in the end the Panthers will move on.
My Pick: Panthers 24/Seahawks 17