Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Buster's Best


Another week of getting beat up by my 9 year old! At least it was close this week but my goal of getting to .500 by the Super Bowl is slowly slipping out of reach.

Last Week’s Games

Washington @ Tampa Bay
Buster picked the Redskins and they did. Here’s a surprise, I picked Tampa Bay to cover the 2.5 points they were giving to Washington and they didn’t. That’s what I get for counting in Chris Simms. Stinkin Longhorns! Buster 1-0/Dad 0-1

Jacksonville @ New England
Buster picked the Patriots to win and I went with Jacksonville to cover the 8 points they were getting. Buster 2-0/Dad 0-2

Carolina @ NY Giants
Buster picked the Giants to win and I smoked his 9-year old hiney on this one. I picked Carolina to cover the 2.5 points they were getting from the Steelers. Buster 2-1/Dad 1-2

Pittsburgh @ Cincinnati
Buster picked the Steelers and I had the Steelers to cover the 3 points they were giving to the Bengals. Buster 3-1/Dad 2-2


For the season:
Buster 66-28/Dad 43-49-2

This Week’s Games

Pittsburgh @ Indianapolis
Buster is picking the Colts to win. I think this will be a closer game than the last time these two teams played each other. I’ll pick the Steelers to cover the 9.5 points they are getting from Indianapolis.

Carolina @ Chicago
Buster picked a tight game and a Chigago win. I’ll take Carolina to cover the 3 points they are getting from the Bears.

Washington @ Seattle
Buster is picking the Redskins to win. I’m not sure they will but I think their defense will keep them in the game. I’ll take Washington to cover the 9 points they are getting from the Seahawks.

Denver @ New England
This could be the best of the games this weekend. Buster likes the Broncos to win and I’ll take the Broncos to cover the 3 points they are giving to the Patriots.

Basketball Update
Buster scored 6 points had four steals, four rebounds; a shot block and an assist in his teams win Saturday. It was their first game back from the Holiday break. He also started a new school this week and will be playing on the school basketball team as well. You can read his thoughts on sports and life at Buster’s Best.