Monday, January 29, 2007

Here We Go Again

Last off season we had to sit through the Brett Favre drama as he decided whether to come back for another season or retire. It seems like we are back at it once again! After initially saying that a decision would come within weeks of the end of the season now the future Hall-of-Famer is saying that he may have jumped the gun with that announcement.


Favre indicated in an interview last week that when it comes to retirement he is still very much up in the air. "I don't know if I'll ever know for sure (whether it's time to retire)," Favre said Tuesday. "I've been off three weeks now, and I'm just trying to get as far away from it as I can."

"I don't really (have a timetable)," Favre said. "I probably jumped the gun a little when I said that."

Admittedly he doesn’t want to drag it out as long as last year but it will still drag out. Free Agency begins March 2 so don’t expect a decision until sometime around then.