Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Buster's Best



You always think your kids are perfect and then they go out and prove you right. Buster went 5-0 with his picks last week and overshadowed my 3-2, non-losing, performance.

Last Week’s Games

Oklahoma State @ Oklahoma

Buster took the Sooners to win and I picked them to cover the 19.5 points the were giving to the Cowboys. The worst OU season since 1999 and they are still 28 points better than OSU. Buster 1-0/Dad 1-0

Texas A&M @ Texas
Buster took the smart pick and went with the Longhorns. A&M was on the verge of their second losing season in two years. There was no way they weren’t going to cover the 27 points they were getting from Texas. Looks like I took the smart pick as well, Aggies and the points. Buster 2-0/Dad 2-0

Notre Dame @ Stanford
Buster picked the Irish and I took them to cover the 17.5 points they were giving to Stanford. Buster 3-0/Dad 2-1

Denver Broncos @ Dallas Cowboys
Buster surprised me by taking the Broncos. It picked Denver to cover the 2 points they were giving to the Cowboys and an overtime field goal was all I needed. Buster 4-0/Dad 3-1

Miami Dolphins @ Oakland Raiders
Buster showed faith in my Dolphins and went 5-0 for the week. Here was my view on this game, “I don’t see any way they (Miami) can win in Oakland. I think Miami has hit rock bottom for the season. I’ll take the Raiders and the 7 points they are giving to Miami.”
Buster 5-0/Dad 3-2

For the season: Buster 46-19/Dad 29-35-1

This Week’s Games

UCLA @ USC

This game could fall under the category of the A&M Texas game last week. Buster likes the Trojans to win and I’ll take UCLA and the 21.5 points they are getting.

Middle Tennessee State @ Florida International
Buster is picking F.I.U. to winn and I am going the other way with this one. I’ll take the Blue Raiders to win and cover the 7 points they are giving.

West Virginia @ South Florida
Buster is picking the Mountainers, who have already wrapped up the Big East Conference championship, to win. I am taking West Virginia and the 9 points they are giving.

Buffalo Bills @ Miami Dolphins
Buster picked my Dolphins again and I’m afraid of falling into the fan trap here. Miami is a 4 point favorite at home in a home game that could put them in sole position of second place. I’ll take Miami to cover the 4 points.

Dallas Cowboys @ New York Giants
Seven of the last eight games between these two teams has been decided by a touchdown or less. Buster is picking the Giants to win and I will take the Cowboys to cover the 3 points they are getting from the Giants.