Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Buster's Best



Buster is starting to reap the rewards for spanking dad in football picks this season. He will get to go to his first Beldam football game Saturday. I’ve decided that next season I’m going to make him pick against the spread instead of straight up. He’s killing me!

Last week’s games

Game One

Oklahoma @ Texas Tech
Buster picked the Sooners to win and I went with OU to cover the 7.5 points they were getting from the Red Raiders. We both should be 1-0. Buster 0-1/Dad 1-0

Game Two
Fresno State @ Southern Cal
Buster picked the Trojans and I thought they would win going away covering the 24 points they were giving to the Bulldogs. Buster 1-1/Dad 1-1

Game Three
Oklahoma State @ Baylor
Buster picked OSU and I said they would cover the 2.5 points they were getting from Baylor. I should have known better. Buster 1-2/Dad 1-2

Game Four
Detroit Lions @ Dallas Cowboys
Buster picked his Cowboys and I took the Lions to cover the 8 points they were getting. Buster won’t look back from here. Buster 2-2/Dad 1-3

Game Five
Miami Dolphins @ Cleveland Browns
Buster broke my heart and went with Cleveland. Turns out he was right! I took the Dolphins and the 2 points they were getting from the Browns. Buster 3-2/Dad 1-4

For the season: Buster 41-19/Dad 26-33-1

This week’s Games

Oklahoma State @ Oklahoma

Buster is taking the Sooners who are a 19.5 point favorite. OSU has not had one road game this season where they played well. OU got jobbed last week and I think they will take out their frustration on the Pokes. I’ll take the Sooners and the points.

Texas A&M @ Texas
Buster took the smart pick and went with the Longhorns. The Aggies are getting 27 points from Texas in a rivalry game in which they are competing to be bowl eligible. I’ll take A&M and the points.

Notre Dame @ Stanford
Buster is going with the Irish who are a 17.5 point favorite on the road. I’m taking Notre Dame and the points.

Denver Broncos @ Dallas Cowboys
Buster surprised me by taking the Broncos. Denver is a 2 point favorite and I’ll take them to cover as well. Too many weapons for the Cowboys defense to cover.

Miami Dolphins @ Oakland Raiders
Again Buster pulls the surprise by picking the Dolphins. I don’t see any way they can win in Oakland. I think Miami has hit rock bottom for the season. I’ll take the Raiders and the 7 points they are giving to Miami.

Make sure to check out Buster’s Best and read his random thoughts on sports. Leave him a comment or two. HAPPY THANKSGIVING!