Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Buster's Best


We do these picks for entertainment purposes only. If you gamble on these picks you should be ashamed of yourself and be smart enough to pick opposite of me.


Last week’s games
Game One

Tennessee Titans @ Cleveland Browns
Buster picked the Browns who were a 2.5 favorite and I went with the Titans. Jeff Fisher’s job could be in jeopardy. Buster 1-0/Dad 0-1

Game Two
Atlanta Falcons @ Miami Dolphins
The Falcons were a 2 point favorite and Buster and I both liked them in South Florida. The Dolphins did keep the game closer than I thought they would. Buster 2-0/Dad 1-1

Game Three
Iowa @ Northwestern
Buster and I were one opposite ends of this one. He picked Iowa who was a 2.5 point favorite and I picked Northwestern to win. Buster 2-1/Dad 2-1 (If we could only stop here.)

Game Four
Tennessee @ Notre Dame
Buster went with the Irish who were favored by 8 points and I really thought Tennessee could stay within that spread. I was wrong! Buster 3-1/Dad 2-2

Game Five
Stanford @ USC
Buster picked the Trojans to win and they had the 33.5 points covered early in the game so I’m going to cover as well, right? Thanks to a garbage time touchdown Stanford just covers and I lose. Buster 4-1/Dad 2-3

For the season: Buster 34-16/Dad 22-27-1

This Week’s Games

Game One

New England @ Miami
Buster likes the Patriots to win. New England is a 3 point favorite over the Dolphins. My heart wants me to pick Miami but my mind won’t let me. New England will cover.

Game Two
Dallas @ Philadelphia
Buster likes the Eagles who were embarrassed by the Cowboys the last time these two teams played. The Eagles are a 3 point favorite and I am picking them to cover.

Game Three
Texas A&M @ Oklahoma
Buster likes the Sooners who are a 13 point favorite. I say OU wins but they won’t cover the spread.

Game Four
USC @ Cal.
Buster likes the Trojans over the Bears and I don’t see this game as being close. I say USC covers the 19 point spread going away.

Game Five
Memphis @ Tennessee
Buster likes Tennessee and so do I. Unfortunately Memphis is going to be on the receiving end of the frustration from the Volunteers loosing streak. Tennessee covers the 19.5 points they are favored by.

Flag Football Update
Buster tossed his first touchdown pass and he team tied a defensive game 6-6 on Saturday. The flag football season is over and Buster’s team finished the season in first place without a loss.

Buster is also starting out his very own blog. It’s called Buster’s Best. Check it out and leave him a comment to encourage him. He should have his first post up sometime today.