Monday, February 26, 2007

NASCAR Fan, Are You Out There?


They say that NASCAR is America’s fastest growing sport and while I have tried my absolute best to get into it, I can’t get my interest to move beyond just watching the wrecks on ESPN’s Sports Center.

Trust me, its not for lack of effort that I haven’t gotten into it. I really tried at the beginning of last season to follow it and even make a blog post or two about it. However, when baseball picked up my quest to discover the difference between the Nextel cup series and the Busch series came to a screeching halt.

Here’s the deal. I’m willing to give it another shot this season but not without help. I understand that Matt Kenseth won the Auto Club 500 at California this weekend and his teammates Jeff Gordon and Jimmie Johnson finished second and third. What I don’t understand is how that turns into points in the race for the cup and if all three are teammates why is Kenseth driving a ford and Gordon and Johnson Chevy’s?

So tell me, two races into the season is there any hope for a guy like me or should I just stick to spring training for baseball and the upcoming NFL draft? I’m laying myself at your mercy NASCAR fan. I’m willing to learn if you are willing to teach.

Update

Thanks to all of you who have sent me e-mails in an effort to educate me in the ways of NASCAR. I really have learned a lot (like Kenseth, Gordon and Johnson aren't really all three teammates) and it got me wondering if maybe we should start another blog specifically for NASCAR. It could be very educational if we got the right person to write for it.

So, how about you? Are you a NASCAR nut? Do you like to write about the races and the drivers?

If you are interested please contact me for complete details.