Thursday, April 27, 2006

Dead or Alive, NBA Play-Offs Round 1

Sacramento/San Antonio
My Prediction:
I’ll take the Spurs to win. My guess is the series will go five games.
Status of Prediction: The Spurs lead 2-0

The Kings are dead in this series and the Spurs are very much alive. Give Sacramento credit for pushing game two to overtime without Ron Artest who was suspended but this series is over. I think it could go five games like I origionally predicted but wouldn’t be surprised to see a sweep.

Memphis/Dallas
My Prediction:
I’m picking the Mavericks to win the series. I’m guessing five games here as well.
Status of Prediction: Mavericks lead 2-0

The Grizzlies are dead and the Mavs alive. Niether game one nor game two were close and Memphis is totally outmatched here. The Grizzlies could catch Dallas sleep walking in one game in Memphis but don’t count on it. It may be time to bring out the brooms.

Los Angeles Lakers/Phoenix Suns
My Prediction:
I pick the Suns to win the series. I’m guessing six games.
Status of Prediction: Series tied 1-1

Both teams are still alive in this series. Check this out. Through the first two games of the series the Lakers are scoring 100.5 points a game and giving up 100 per game, obviously the Suns numbers are reversed but it just shows how close these two teams are. The series is heading back to LA tied and it looks like it could be going seven.

Los Angeles Clippers/Denver Nuggets
My Prediction:
I’ll take the Nuggets. I see this one going seven games.
Status of Prediction: Clippers lead 2-0

Did someone forget to tell Denver they actually get to play in the playoffs? The Nuggets look like they have quit on the season and appear to be dead. I picked Denver in seven and at this point it looks like I am way off. Game three is a must win for Denver but the problem is that it will be in LA. I’m going to say that the Nuggets are comatost but not dead. The diagnosis will change one way or the other tonight.

Milwaukee/Detroit
My Prediction:
Pistons sweep.
Status of Prediction: Pistons lead 2-0

The Bucks are dead and nobody outside the state of Wisconsin is surprised. The Pistons are the best team in the playoffs and the Bucks are learning that the hard way. This series should be over on Monday.

Washington/Cleveland
My Prediction:
Washington wins the series. I think it will be six but wouldn’t be surprised to see it go seven.
Status of Prediction: Series tied 1-1

Both teams are alive and this shoud be a great series. Apparently BronBron doesn’t like the contact and physical play that the Wizards brought in game two but that is the way it is going to be the rest of the way so he better adjust.

The fate of both teams rest on the shoulders of one of their players. For Cleveland it’s LeBron James who made his playoff debuit with a triple double. For Washington it’s Gilbert Arenas who went off for 30 points in game two.

Chicago/Miami
My Prediction:
Miami wins the series. I think it will be in five games.
Status of Prediction: Heat lead series 2-0

The Bulls are dead and have no hope to salvage this series against Miami. Chicago has played the Heat tough and I think the Bulls can win one of the next two at home which would result in them losing in five.

Indiana/New Jersey
My Prediction:
Nets win. I say the series goes seven games.
Status of Prediction: Series tied 1-1

After two games this series is right where I expected it to be. Both teams are still alive and I still see it going seven games. The Pacers should get Peja Stojakovic back for tonight’s game which will add another dimension to this series.