Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Williams Suspended for a Year


"I'm disappointed with the decision, but I respect it, I'm proud of my association with the National Football League and look forward to returning to the Dolphins in 2007." Ricky Williams

Anyone who didn’t see this coming is blinder than a bat. The 06 season won’t happen for Ricky Williams and as far as I’m concerned shouldn’t ever play another down for the Dolphins again.

Reports are that this latest trouble wasn’t caused by a failed test but by failure to show up for a test. When you have established yourself as a pothead and have already received multiple punishments from the league, how do you fail to show up for a test?

Ricky lives by Ricky rules and that equates to a bad teammate. Miami cannot trade him while he is serving his one year suspension but look for him to be trade bait for the 07 draft. If the Dolphins are lucky they can get a 6th round pick for him.

Fourth violation draws one-year suspension for Williams