Monday, March 26, 2007

Nailed It! (Kinda)

I’ve got one of those NCAA Tournament brackets that you don’t know whether to show off or to burry where no one will ever see it again. It’s so good that I actually got all four of the Final Four teams correct. However, it’s so bad that despite the fact that I nailed the Final Four I am only ranked 7th out of the 10 participants in the My Opinion on Sports NCAA Tournament contest. The worst part of all that is that I am the only one in the contest who got the Final Four correct and I am still ranked that low.

Let’s Revisit the Post
Looking back at my post before the tournament there were a few other things I got right about the big dance as well.

Weakest of the #1 Seeds
I tabbed the Kansas Jayhawks as the weaker of the #1 Seeds and it turns out that I was right as the Jayhawks were the first #1 seed to get bounced.

This Year’s Cinderella
OK I was wrong here because I picked ORU to be Cinderella but I also called VCU beating Duke and the first round and then getting bounced by Pitt in the second.

Best Team to Not Get a #1 Seed
I gave this distinction to the UCLA Bruins and all they did was run all the way to the Final Four. By the way I also picked them to win the national championship.

First Big Name Coach to get Bounced
It gives me great pleasure to say that I called that Bobby Knight and the Texas Tech Red Raiders would get bounced in the first round.

Yes, of course I’m going to tell you what you should expect in the Final Four this weekend but you are going to have to wait until later for that.