Thursday, June 26, 2008

Shawn Chacon Declares It “Throw Your GM Around” Month

Things are pretty frustrating in the Houston Astros clubhouse these days. Flirting with last place in the division as the season reaches the All-Star Break General Manager Ed Wade has decided to shake things up. Apparently Shawn Chacon isn’t a huge fan of Wade or his decisions (Chacon had been demoted to the bullpen with a 5.04 ERA and only 2 wins in 15 starts) and things came to blows on Wednesday.

“He started yelling and cussing,” Chacon said of Wade, according to a story on the Chronicle’s Web site. “I’m sitting there and I said to him very calmly, ‘Ed, you need to stop yelling at me. Then I stood up and said, ‘You better stop yelling at me.’ I stood up. He continued and was basically yelling.”

“So at that point I lost my cool and I grabbed him by the neck and threw him to the ground. I jumped on top of him,” he said. “Words were exchanged.”




No video was available of Chacon’s meltdown but if he worked in an office it might have looked like this.

Regardless of how bad you season is or how verbally abusive your GM is I would thing that pulling an MMA move that results in you landing on top of the GM is a bad career move. Even worse than a 5.04 ERA!