Thursday, May 14, 2009

Jason Taylor Is Coming Home


Joey Porter led the AFC in sacks last season with 17 ½ but the Dolphins got very little support for Porter in putting pressure on the quarterback. That’ll change in 2009 with the homecoming of All-Pro defensive end Jason Taylor. Taylor turned down an $8.5 million offer with the Redskins and resisted the courting from the New England Patriots to return to South Florida.


“My heart has always been in Miami, and so I’m truly excited to call myself a Dolphin once again,” Taylor said in a statement. “I was presented with a number of different opportunities, but in the end the combination of this being the best situation for my family, my love for this community and my tremendous loyalty to a great organization made this an easy decision.”

Taylor has been to six Pro Bowls as a Miami Dolphin and was the NFL’s Defensive Player of the Year in 2006. He only signed a one year deal and my guess is that he’s back for one more productive season and then bow out in retirement, giving him the type of going away from Miami that he deserves.