Friday, December 21, 2007

The Christmas Shopping Nightmare

Someone please explain to me how people can wait until the very last minute to do their Christmas shopping and keep their sanity. I’m not saying that I’m one of those people who had everything wrapped up the day after Thanksgiving but I was done at least a week before Christmas.

Last night I had to go to the local retail store just to pick up a few things for around the house and it turned into a two hour trip. People were fighting over remaining items, every aisle was completely packed and the checkout lines were longer than the lines at Disney World.

I now realize the reason why stress goes up over the holidays. People max out their credit cards and look all over for cheap loans only in hopes of finding an item that millions of other people are in search of.